We’re always working to become more sustainable and reduce our impact on the environment
We want the best for the environment. To us and all our staff, that means constantly challenging ourselves to find ways in which we can reduce our combined carbon footprint. By rethinking, reducing and recycling, we’re minimising the impact we as a business have on the environment. We’ve made some big changes and are always looking at innovative ways to take it further.
Using less energy
When it comes to energy consumption we are doing everything we can to ensure nothing is wasted, from our suppliers to our appliances and fittings.
- We’ve opted for renewable energy tariffs from EDF.
- Low energy LED lighting throughout our all our premises.
- Office equipment including computers are switched off when not in use.
- Heating and other critical appliances are on timers and are to only be used when absolutely essential.
Reducing waste where we can
The vaping industry is renowned for unnecessary plastic and packing. When the TPD (Tobacco Product Directive) came into effect in 2017 larger bottles of e-liquid mixed with nicotine were banned. This encouraged manufacturers to create multi-packs of 10ml plastic bottle to get around the laws.
We strongly dislike this approach and have refused to stock these products since 2018. We will also never sell single High VG 10ml bottles of e-liquid due to their quick consumption.
- We have bi-weekly recycling collections from trusted partners to ensure our efforts never get put in a landfill.
- We only ship our orders in compostable Jiffy Green Jiffy Bags or recycled cardboard boxes.
- Any packaging fillers from suppliers we cannot re-use or recycle we pass on to other local businesses to ensure they get used again and does not end up in a landfill.
- We strip down pointless packing from orders where possible to ensure it gets recycled.
- All of our shops host a battery recycling bin inwhich anyone in the local community may use to dispose of their batteries. This is then collected and the batteries are safely disposed of and recycled. #PowerToDoMore
Being smarter with ordering and our deliveries
As a company, we’ve grown to a size that we no longer have to order every day of the week. We are always conscious of the amount that we are ordering and by ordering more but less frequently, we are reducing CO2 emissions from our delivery partners.
With this in mind, this is one of the many reasons we put the majority of our deliveries through Royal Mail over other couriers such as DPD and UPS. Royal Mail has the largest ‘feet on the street’ network of 90,000 postmen and women and has come up with an innovative way to reduce the carbon emissions of their delivery fleet by 29% since 2005.
- We also create localised dispatch bags in agreement with our nearest Royal Mail depot to ensure customers orders which don’t need to travel up the country to mass sorting centres stay local and get delivered faster.
Our employees play a big part in our promise
All the steps laid out in our Environmental promise wouldn’t be achieved without the commitment from all us. We are unified in the effort to reduce our impact on the world and here are a few of the ways they play their part.
- Everyone loves a hot drink! All of our employees have their own reusable hot drinks flask when visiting local coffee shops.
- They do their absolute best to bring in their lunch from home as often as possible in reusable and BPA free packaging.
- Using public transport to commute is encouraged and widely used by all our employees.
- We only use biodegradable and eco-friendly cleaning products on our premises and compost all food waste in our office gardens.
- All our staff have their own cotton face masks which they wash at home instead of wearing one-time use PPE.
- During those cold winter months, every member of staff has been given their own hot water bottle and cover to avoid cranking up the heating.